Monday, October 25, 2010

The language Frozen - a very short history - in English and Spanish

The sidewalk around the garage was filled with stalactites of ice broke the ice, long and heavy, frozen once at the edge of the roof of the garage. I was only eleven years old when, back in the winter of 1958, and I felt cold metal or iron, would a person speaking on the surface, not just glance to freeze. I was born with a curious character, in fact, and it was very interesting, but not shown to me. So, of all things, I put my tongue on the doorknob, it must bewas five below zero out. It froze on it, faster than I could spit.

I began to pull, or try to pull off, but my tongue would not be separated from the metal stud, and so I stood there, like The Hunchback of Notre Dame, crouching almost to his knees, praying my brother Mike, soon to be come along and save the day (I needed any more proof, it worked).

As I stayed in that position for centuries, it seems, this raised the question, my brother Mike would certainlyquestions: "Why ... would anyone do something so stupid like this?"

I mean it was bad weather, a Minnesota winter is nothing to laugh, because it is a lasting experience, every year.

I had no answer, "to see if it worked."

When my brother came and said, "Do not you have better things to do," a rhetorical question, of course.

It asked me to hurry and a bit 'hot water to go, what he did, and pour it over my tongue, which he did, butrather than just my tongue was all over my face and mouth, and then click the "Oh!" I exclaimed, "it's free!" and that was that, and it was worth the extra liquid I had to wear, just a bit 'messy is all.

My brother, Mike, who is two years older than me, looked at me with his intense eyes, cautiously, "How long have you been true?" He asked.

• There was a mysterious break from me, just a succession of "I do not know (s)."

We both exchanged a funLook, I think my face silently apologized for access at the time, and as he walked down the stone stairs, with her back to me on the path to our house, smiled, shook his head from right to left ( and likewise, I shrugged and below).

Written on the rooftop terrace, Lima, Peru 01.19.2009, dedicated to Mike E. Siluk.

Spanish version

La Lengua Lada congestive
((An episode Chick Evens, 1958, San Pablo, Minnesota) (UN cuento muy short))

The Acera Alrededor of garajeestaba with carámbanos esparcida Embraces, pesados y Largos, the Congelados Hielo A vez garaje of the Filo del techo. Yo Tenia times Sólo entonces de edad Años and ESE, Alla en el invierno, y habia the 1958 Oido Cómo el metal or a Hierro Frío congelaría A person de lengua en su tan area Rápido como el ojo de fascinating flashes UN y ante esto era cortex , but I por probado todavía no. Yo habia nacido withA verdad Naturaleza curiosities. Por Eso, I Puse lengua sobre la perilla de la Puerta del garaje, Debio Afuera Haber Estado centígrados Grados Bajo Cero and quince, y sobre la perilla freezes itself Esta más que pudiera Rápido the escupir.

Empece a jalar, Fuera jalarla or focus, but not if I lengua perilla Soltarico metal, y por eso estuve alli, como el de Nuestra Señora jorobada with Doblado hacia abajodobladas MIS rodillas, para que me hermano rezando Mike viniera ready el día y me Salvaria (no necesitaba más pruebas, funcionaba ESTO).

Mientras esta posición and permanecía, que sev A Eternidad, surge Pregunta A, Mind segura que me hermano preguntaría Mike: "¿Por algo así que alguien ... Haría the Tonto"

Quiero decir que was tough UN climate, invierno No UN es nada como para reírse the MinnesotaA hard experiencia porque es, todos los años.

Tenia que otra respuesta No, "Para Ver SI funcionaba.

Mike apareció cuando me hermano, el dijo: "¿No tienes mejores cosas que hacer?" A Rhetoric Pregunta por supuesto.

Y yo Solo Para que el if rezaba apurara, y agua tibia echara sobre mi lengua, lo que hizo el agua y me the echo sobre mi lengua, y no en mi lengua up Sólo en toda boca me dear yyLueger en la perilla, determination "Ah" "está libre" y fue todo esto, Valio La Pena Mojada que soporte adicional the-Tuve que estuvo Only desordenado little United Nations, eso es todo.

Mike Mi Hermano, Quien es dos años mayor que yo, with sus Ojos intensos Miró, cuidado, "Estado ¿cuanto tiempo has ASI?" Pregunto el.

Alli wine Pause A Mysterious por mi, A Lueger sucesión the "no loIf ... "

Ambos exchange broker Amos A Mirada Graciosa, Creo que me dear if disculpaba silencioso on occupancy por tiempo, y el Mientras Subia ETA gradas de Piedra espaldas hacia mi, en el Camino a Casa Nuestra, rio moviendo else on a la cabeza Derecha and Izquierda ( de la Misma form, yo miss Movi hombros Arriba y Abajo)

Escrito en la casa de me azotea and Lima, Peru from 19 January 2009, an E. Dedicado Mike Siluk.

See Also : Fabulous Super Store

No comments:

Post a Comment