Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wait a phone (Cody invisible Dime, Summer of '81), a short story in English and Spanish

A very short history

He came to a phone booth attached to a supermarket, which was a gas station and pretended to drop a coin into the slot of the case. I saw her profile, she looked serious, a sort of, maybe a little 'lonely as he has played half a mile from his apartment house, on York Street with his brother Shawn, and a couple of neighborhood kids. His handsome face, and did everything slowly, as he thought, if not uncertainsomething.

But when I go to the corner of my car, stopped, rolled down his window, he was standing on the box of the external phone connected to the building, talking to someone, looking a bit 'worried, this boy of nine years.
When I put my hand out the window to greet the addition to the machine, I knew I saw him with one eye.
It 'appeared to know if I would be exactly where I was, and I was fully aware when he appeared calm and ghostly surprisedAt the same time, if something like a mild form of intuition that he should be.

"What is the problem, Cody?" I asked when he was rushing to the side of my window.

"Oh. I'm fine," he said, happy to see me, holding my breath.

"You get enough sleep. I'll see you this weekend if your mom lets me. Thought I would start looking for you. So I drove around." Then there are robbed, both smiling at each other: "What is it?" I asked.

He hesitated, but her bodymovements told me he was trying to put together a few words, raising his eyes to heaven and earth, then the level of the eyes, I do not know how to explain it.

"You need something?" I asked.

He shook his head: "No!"

"Okay. If not, do you mind if I ask who you were talking on the phone?" I have observed.

"You, Dad!" He said, energetic, with a smile.

"Really?" I said.

"What do you ask?"

"Because here you come see me."

Her face was nowclear with wonder and joy, there were areas under his eyes clear.

"Oh," I said, what else could I say?

Cody stopped on the side of the car for a moment seemed somewhat detached from what had just happened.

"How do you feel, Cody?" I asked him (he could not say surprised, but he saw it) (it was like calling me on the phone, if you drop a coin into the slot telephone, and all of a sudden I received. Coincidence Perhaps, but I doubt that he thoughtso.)

I was again a shadow in my chair, smiled, hands on the car door over the cracks of the window, I felt his fingers to see how the car, as if to jump, or the door, thinking I might stay longer .

"Why do not you try to go join your friends, I know that your mother is angry when he sees you talking to me."

After a moment, he said, to me, "Your dad and talk to me?"

"Never mind," I said, "someone."

Written6-23-2009
Dedicated to that guy

Spanish version

A Cuento Corto muy
Espera en el Phone
((Cody La Moneda The Invisible) (Verano 1981))

El self a cab acercarmelo A Telefónica, que estaba junto un'ONU supermercado whence tambien habia UN Grifo Gasolina, A y poner en la Moneda pretend or Reductil ranura the phone. The VI's profile, sev Serio, UN Talvez little sad Mientras Hacia ESTO;Jugando estaba el ocho a Cuadras on the departamento, en la calle hermano y otros York with Shawn on the Niños Vecindario. Hacia el Mientras todo esto estaba Thinking Slowly, algo SI No Vacilando e.

Pero cuando llegue a la Esquina, carro y me detuve bajando Las Ventanas, El todavía estaba parado en Afuera the phone booth, with Habla alguien, un Poquito preocupado luciendo, the Nueve años a este niñoedad.

Cuando me Saqua hand Afuera de La Ventana del Carro para salud, Supe que me habia Viewed por el Ojo de su rabillo.

Parece que el que yo estaba justo whence Sabia IBA a estar, cuando el estaba alli y if volteó Totally, calmada mismo tiempo y phantasmagorically sorprendido, SI habia algo, que A form was sev que el live insightTapeworm.

"¿Que Pasa Cody?" Mientras que el wine running pregunta hacia el de mi Costada Carro.

"Oh, Estoy bien, el seams, the emocionado multiplied respiración catching up.

"Duerme suficiente que este fin de semana be more, mother Si tu me deja. Pense que Iria distance Por Eso Alrededor manejo del Barrio." Lueger A to el otro sonreímos, "¿Qué es esto?" Thepregunta.

el Vacil, but los movimientos de su cuerpo me dijeron que el estaba entry encontrar las Palabras, Mirando hacia el cielo y hacia Abajo, the Suelo, Lueger LEVANTO sus ojos, no sabiendo ESTO Explica Como.

"¿Necesitas algo? Pregunta

El cabeza on Movio, "No."

"Esta bien, will not, IT molestaría Pregunto estabas en el phone with Quien Habla"recalque.

"Contigo ¡Papi!" dijo el energy, with a Sonrisa.

"¿De verdad?" dije.

"¿Qué pediste?"

"Que me Vengas a visitor ACA.

Y ahora estaba dear shining, the asombro Alegría, areas habia debajo de Sus Ojos Brillantes.

dije "Ah," ¿Qué más pude decir?

Al lado del Carro Cody estuvo parado por el inmóvil UN ALGO sev Momentapartado de lo que acababa the suceder.

"¿Cómo sientes in Cody?" Le pregunta a El (El no pudo decir: asombrado, but the sev).? (Pretending llamarme El estaba por el teléfono, faking a poner en la Moneda ranura phone, I regret aparecí Coincidencia y ¿Talvez, but lo que el Dudo will think ASI)

Me recostar UN Poquito ago, en mi asiento, sonreí, SUSmanitos and La Puerta del Carro sobre la Abertura de la Ventana, pude UN Nearby sus Dedos Dentro del Carro, Como Quisiera abrir Inside or you miss the Puerta: Talvez, I think we quedaría más tiempo yo me.

"¿Porque no tratas to join a Tus amigos, que cuando yo self if Tu Mama Puts ve muy Habla conmigo and Furious."

"Después de un moment el me dijo" ¿Habla escuchaste dad Contigo Me? "

"Eso noImport "dije," the alguien hizo ".

Escrito el 23 de Junio 2009
Dedicado a Niño ESE.

Friends Link : Harddisk Store Fireproof Safes

No comments:

Post a Comment