Friday, October 8, 2010

The large house in Erie (1973) a poem (in Spanish and English: NOW)

I was invited to the house of my boss'

I was so young when young,

Maybe 25, I lived in Erie,

Pennsylvania, 1973

I hung around with his cousins

And then I saw his big house,

A little 'made me wince, comprising:

Red brick, soft masonry

In-between: a pair of chimneys

Each side of the house, Victorian;

It 'was a great, a big house - Windows

Everywhere, all around, up, down;

For a poor guy like me, my eyes

Weredead, were shocked:

(Shake hands, legs attenuation) -

I had my breath.

When I entered, my boss

Surprise, but received me well, happy

I think he realized I was feeling a bit '

Discomfort (I was raised

In an extended family in which two bedrooms

With four families), so I smile the best

I was looking for home

For me it was Buckingham Palace.

When I fifty-five years

Years, even aplus one quarter of a century, had

Past, I've owned a number of large houses, a

Greater than his;

And I never forgot that big house,

In Erie.

Author Note: This block of my house now, sitting in my car in my garage, two hours to cast to the wind, until I take my wife, this large home in Erie are for the mind ((21:10)) 2/23/2006. # 1244

IN SPANISH

Translated by Nancy Peñaloza

The Great House and Erie(1973)

The invitaron A Casa de la jefe me

Entonces yo era muy Joven,

Quizas Veinticinco, yo Vivia and Erie,

Pennsylvania, 1973

Deje pasar el tiempo sus with SOBRINOS

Y cuando Great House there on, ESTO

One time I asustó: hecho de:

Ladrillo-Rojo, enfoscado Suavemente

Entre: en algunas chimeneas

Cada lado de la Casa, Victoriana;

Esta A great era, House A, HUGE Ventanas

Por todas partes: todoAlrededor, Arriba, Abajo;

Para un Pobre Muchacho como yo, mis ojos

avergonzados Esteban, sacudidos ellos fueron:

(Dose Nervous film Manos, debilitadas piernas) -

Tuve que me respiración Coger.

Fireplace adentro cuando me estaba jefe

Sorprendido, sin embargo me saludo bien, Alegre

Pienso que el que me Noto UN Poquito Sentia

Inconvenience (yo FUI educado

A familia en dos whence Expanddormitorios

cuatro familias Empotraban) Asi pues, Sonreí Lo mejor

Que pude, La Casa Miranda

I was ESTO para el Palacio Buckingham.

Cuando yo Tuve cincuenta y cinco

Años de edad, sí, más UN Cuarto de Siglo, habia

Pasado, yo I was the Duen varias casas enormes, A

Más que el major de El;

Nunca Jamas Y olvido esa Casagrande

And Erie.

Note fromAuthor: Mientras hoy encerrado Fuera de mi casa, Sentado coche en mi, en mi garaje, teniendo dos horas para que Tenga Lanzar Al Viento a recoger hasta que me esposa, esta Vieja Casa Grande and Erie is a mi Mente ((9:10 PM.)) on 02/23/2006.
# 1244

Related : Fiber LIte

No comments:

Post a Comment